Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Training to Become a Superhero

Every superhero starts out with basic training.  They don't just suddenly become outrageous and famous overnight, but they work very hard for their success.  There are baby steps to every giant accomplishment in life and weather its learning how to fly or giving a bed bath, superheroes with superpowers must start somewhere in their journey.  Well I am in my training process to become a superhero known as a "nurse."  Being in my very first classes and exposure to this kind of work has been extremely eye-opening and has taught me countless lessons through both trial and error as well as success and defeat.  Just like any superhero, they will experience this as well in their training and will face many villains along the way.  The villain I am facing is telling me that I am not good enough and that I can't be successful, although luckily one of my superpowers is God, and that is how I am winning this battle and will successfully complete my training to becoming a superhero of my own.

I learned many lessons through this semester, unfortunately, some had to be learned the hard way, although I am extremely thankful for everything that I have learned and how every experience has shaped me, challenged me to persevere, and realize that I am strong, and God is powerful!!
  • Prioritize your life
    • family, friends, relationships, studying, God, stress-relievers, hobbies or other relaxing activities are all necessities I personally believe should be fostered for a healthy lifestyle.
  • Plan in advance
  • Get LOTS of sleep
  • Eat healthy (or you will gain 10lbs like most of us)
  • Coffee is your best friend
  • Have confidence
  • Seek advice
  • Don't be afraid to not be perfect, or ask questions
  • Have a "poop" partner so you don't become "impacted" with the hard stools in life ;)
  • Rely on those who love you
  • Give thanks to those who love you
  • Give thanks for EVERYTHING
  • Look at the positives in absolutely every situation
  • When things get hard, PRAY
  • Allow a little time to have fun and laugh
  • Look at the big picture
  • Take time to relax, give your brain a break
  • Keep your eyes on the prize and your purpose
  • Try your best, but don't get disappointed in yourself
  • Every experience is a lesson
  • Use every experience to shape me into a better person
  • Make a positive impact on every person, patient, and family member you encounter.
  • Hard work pays off
  • I CAN DO THIS!!
(One thing me and my nursing friends have definitely learned this semester is to not get bitter and rely on humor.  Looking up nursing meme pictures can make studying much more enjoyable!!)
 
Here are a few.......
 


    
 
        
 
This is just the beginning of my training and I have a long journey in front of me, although instead of it being a nightmare I must encounter, I will look at it as an adventure of life lessons and growth.  In only one semester I have learned so much and I still have so much more to learn, although it is exciting to see results and look into the future and have that goal and mindset of one day being a successful, compassionate, superhero; Nurse!

No comments:

Post a Comment